Enjoy comfortable rooms, beautiful gardens and island-view scenery with superb gourmet food and a memorable dining experience. We offer all the technological necessities, services and amenities you would expect at an urban hotel, but located in our scenic 1000 Islands riverfront setting.
In addition to our beautiful accommodations and attentive, friendly staff, the Glen House Resort provides…
- All rooms are smoke free
- Daily housekeeping service
- Free parking
- Private patio or balcony with lawn chairs
- Colour television
- Coffee maker with complimentary coffee or tea
- In-Room Telephone
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet service
- Individual climate control/ac
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and ironing board (available at front desk)
- Complimentary newspaper (available at front desk)
- Complimentary coffee and tea stand (available in Smuggler’s Lounge)
RECREATIONAL (NO CHARGE)
- Use of indoor and outdoor pools and hot tub
- Fitness/cardio room with free weights
- Games room with billiards, ping-pong, foosball, shuffle board, card/lounge tables and a television for video games
- Tennis court, rackets can be borrowed at the Front Desk.
- Outdoor shuffle board court
- Children’s playground
- Walking, jogging or biking on 1000 Islands Parkway path
RECREATIONAL (CHARGES APPLY)
- Shipman’s Dining Room, featuring island-view casual fine dining
- Smuggler’s Lounge, featuring an open-air porch pub dining
- Championship 18-hole Smuggler’s Glen Golf Course, onsite
- Kayaks, canoes and pedal boats rentals
- Bicycle rentals
- Glen House Spa services
For the more adventurous in spirit, dive off the main or west docks and enjoy a refreshing dip in the St. Lawrence River. Adults and supervised children will enjoy swimming out to our anchored raft. 1000 Islands swimming is completely different from anywhere else in the world. The pristine water is clean and exceptionally clear. The shores of the St. Lawrence range from pink granite, which is incredibly therapeutic to sunbathe on or explore, to beautiful sandy beaches with emerald green water.
Other swimming areas to consider include…
The Landon Bay/ 1000 Islands Parkway rest stop, with its rocky point and easy access to the St. Lawrence River. Located just 2 km west on the 1000 Islands Parkway.
A short drive to Charleston Lake Provincial Park’s sandy beach, approximately a 20 min drive north of the resort.
There is no better way to explore the islands than by canoe or kayak. No paddling experience is necessary! River kayaking is fun and easy to learn. Get outdoors and escape the stress of everyday life; take in this most refreshing, relaxing, and rewarding way to experience the islands. For both beginners and experienced paddlers, the bay and islands directly in front of the resort is a beautiful area to explore. The 1000 Islands area is an integral part of the Frontenac Arch Biosphere Reserve, a member of the UNESCO World Network of Biosphere Reserves. Whatever direction you choose, up river or down river, you are in a protected habitat.
Rentals are available from the resort, or bring your own and launch easily from our sandy beach.
For the more adventurous paddlers we suggest…
- a paddle west to nearby Landon’s Bay creek with calm waters amidst a spectacular high granite cliff ridge.
- a short drive to launch at Jones Creek or Charleston Lake Provincial Park.
Canoe, kayak and pedal boat rentals available at the resort for $15.00 per hour.
Biking is yet another great way to get out and explore the 1000 Islands countryside. Located directly across the street from the resort, the bicycle path runs parallel to the 1000 Islands Parkway and offers a scenic riding experience. This 37 km paved path provides a host of photographic opportunities, with scenic views of bays and islands. There are a few stops where food and drink can be purchased, but we recommend you bring your own and have a picnic at one of the many panoramic rest stops.
Bicycle rentals are available at the resort for $15.00 per hour.
FISHING IN THE 1000 ISLANDS
The 1000 Islands region is a fisherman’s paradise! Breathtaking scenery and a wide variety of trophy size fish “lure” anglers to the area year after year. Just up the river at the mouth of eastern Lake Ontario, expect to reel in trophy-size lake trout, king salmon and walleye. The St. Lawrence River is known for its bountiful catches of muskie, northern pike, bass, and perch. Fishing services abound in the region with an abundance of marinas, boat launches, guides and bait/tackle shops. With their proven knowledge and expertise, local guides and charters assure a successful outing for any angler.
World renowned for trophy muskie fishing, the 1000 Islands is a place where not only do you have a shot at landing the big one but there’s a shot at landing a world record. In the last few years fisherman have been recording record catches.
A new “live release” World Record Muskie was caught just 3 miles from Horseblock Point (1 mile from the Glen House Resort)! Fisherman Dale MacNair was trolling the 40 Acres when he caught a 65-pound female Muskie – 57 inches in length and with a girth of 33 inches. The healthy monster was released within a matter of minutes, so that other fishermen may enjoy the thrill of catching her next season. Way to go, Dale, and thanks for releasing her!
DOCKAGE (CHARGES APPLY)
The resort has two main docking areas: our main dock, located directly in front of the lodge/dining room, and our west-end dock.
The Main Dock:
Is for reserved dockage spaces for our house guests and also to accommodate golfers and dinner guests arriving by personal water craft for day use only. Advance reservations for dockage is required. If you do not have a reserved spot, please check in at our front desk for availability.
The West Dock:
This dock primarily serves our motorboat rentals and fishing guide boats. Please enquire by calling or speaking with our front desk associates before docking here.
Dinner and Golf Guests:
Please call ahead and reserve, or check with front desk staff about dockage while enjoying dinner or your round of golf with us. All dock spots are reserved for guests.
Located in the west end of the property, the resort offers its guests use of our boat launch.
- The launch can handle up to 24-ft length boats
- We offer storage of your boat trailer and truck in our overflow/event parking area (located across the road from resort main entrance)
- Please check in with the resort front desk to arrange launching and dockage
- Dockage must be reserved prior to launching your boat