Entertaining guests for over 100 years
Soak up the sun outside or enjoy the indoor pool with Whirlpool
A perfect place to socialize with friends and family
Enjoy our hospitality and peaceful island view setting
Create extraordinary memories that last a lifetime
The Great Escape Package
Escape challenging times by taking advantage of this special.
The Glen House Resort is pleased to offer a great stay-and-play promotion from June 3rd – July 17th. Offer includes one night accommodation in a non-river view room at The Glen House Resort and one round of golf at Smuggler’s Glen Golf Course. The package is $139.00 per person and is based on double occupancy. This offer is good any night of the week; very few restrictions apply.
Please give us a call at 613-659-2204, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – Refer to offer by name, The Great Escape for $139.00, at time of booking. We hope to see you soon in our modified safe environment, where you can enjoy world class golf, packaged with accommodations.
***Please Read: COVID-19 Protocols, Amenities & Dining for Guests***
As of July 7, 12:01 am the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit has mandated that masks be worn inside all public spaces and businesses. As such, all guests entering the hotel lobby for check-ins or passing through on their way to the open-air patio for meals will have to wear masks. Golf guests will have to wear masks while inside the pro shop. Hotel guests with rooms accessed via enclosed hallways will also have to wear masks prior to entering their rooms. This order is in keeping with similar mandates in place in Toronto and neighbouring Kingston. We ask that all guests be respectful of this order and our staff seeking to implement it. People who should not use face coverings are:
- Children under the age of two
- Anyone who has trouble breathing
- Anyone who is unable to remove it without assistance
Resort COVID-19 Protocols:
We hope that you and your families are staying safe and healthy during these challenging times. Your safety, and that of your families, continues to be at the forefront of our minds.
New protocols will minimize guest contact with a streamlined check-in and check-out process. The front lobby is to be limited to one member of your party only. The debit machine will be sanitized following every use.
Social distancing measures will be implemented, including the installation of floor decals, Plexiglass partitions, and removal of all lobby brochures, magazines and papers. Enhanced sanitation procedures will be in place in the lobby and across guest touch points throughout the resort to make your stay as relaxing, safe and streamlined as possible under these circumstances.
Guest Rooms and Housekeeping
- Unnecessary items will be removed from guest rooms, such as decorative pillows, bed scarves, paper notepads and pens.
- Housekeeping offerings will be modified for stay-over guests, including the elimination of a full cleaning service, unless specifically requested by guests
- Enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols will be implemented in guest rooms. Guest rooms will not be entered for 24-72 hours after check-out, at which time the room, linens and all touch points will be cleaned with chemicals aimed at killing COVID-19.
Hotel Associates and Staff Requirements
- Hotel employees will follow strict guidelines, including utilizing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), frequent and stringent hand-washing protocols, and housekeeping/laundry staff will wear both gloves and a mask.
- Employee workstations will be cleaned and disinfected after every shift.
- Employees will be empowered to stay home if unwell, communicate their potential exposure to COVID-19 with management, and will be fully educated on how to maintain a safe and clean home.
Golf Course Cleaning Protocols
As per government-mandated guidelines, all of our golf carts are being sanitized prior to and after use. A one-person-per-cart policy has been implemented, as well as social distancing aids in our clubhouse. All on-course washroom facilities will be closed until further notice; our clubhouse washrooms will be available and cleaned rigorously. Additionally, staff will be out on the course encouraging social distancing standards. Credit card transactions only, please.
Currently our region, as with the majority of Ontario as of July 5, 2020 is operating under Phase 2 guidelines. Our outdoor pool is open to all hotel guests. All bathers must complete a simple COVID-19 Self-Screening form ensuring that all swimmers are healthy. Next, sign up for a designated swimming period (1 hour max per time slot, 8 people max inside the enclosure per hour). Our tennis court (please remember to bring your own racket, if possible), beach area and swimming raft in the beautiful, clear St. Lawrence River are also available. Our spa & indoor pool/hot tub area, games room, fitness center, and equipment rentals (Canoes, Kayaks, Pedal Boats, Bikes, Motor Boats) are closed until further notice. Out of concern for the health and safety of our guests and the public, social distancing recommendations and rigid cleaning protocols have made these services, unfortunately, inoperable. We encourage all of our active guests to bring with them their own bikes, canoes, kayaks, lawn games, etc. that will make their stay as enjoyable, relaxing, and safe as possible. Please take advantage of our beautiful waterfront and close proximity to the 1000 Islands biking trail! Folding lawn chairs are also welcome.
Our open-air patio is open for hotel guests and the public; preference is given to our hotel guests during busy nights, so reservations are highly recommended. Dinner hours are 5 – 8:30 pm. We are currently serving an abbreviated dinner and breakfast menu. Our region, as with the majority of Ontario as of July 5, 2020 is currently operating under Phase 2 guidelines; as such, our inside dining room, porch and pub seating areas are closed until further notice from the Ontario government.
*** Restaurant Take-Out/Open-Air Patio Hours are 5 – 8:30 pm. Dinner and Breakfast Menus Available Under “Dining” Dropdown list, “Menu” Tab ***
Rain Check Policy
Due to covid-19 our rain check policy has changed. In the event you require a rain check we ask that you leave the property and call our Proshop the next day, 613-659-4999. We will email rain checks after you call. This policy has been put in place to avoid large gatherings in our Proshop.
THE GLEN HOUSE RESORT
IN THE HEART OF THE 1000 ISLANDS
Our 75 room resort has entertained guests for over 100 years. Enjoy our hospitality and peaceful island-view setting.
- Smuggler’s Glen – Our very own on-site championship 18 hole golf course
- Shipman’s Dining Room – Island view casual fine dining
- Smuggler’s Lounge – A popular guest retreat serving pub fare
- Swimming – Take advantage of our indoor and outdoor pools and our anchored raft in the St. Lawrence River
- Games room
- Canoe, Kayak and Paddleboat rentals
- Weight room and Cardio room
- Shuffle board on the front lawn by the banks of the St. Lawrence River
- Children’s Play Structure
- On-site Glen House Spa
Gift certificates can be purchased for either the Glen House Resort or Smuggler’s Glen Golf Course
- We can set up payment by credit card over the phone and have the gift certificate mailed or set aside ready for you to pick up at the Clubhouse or Glen House Resort.
- If you prefer, you can stop at the resort or golf course (in season) to pay and pick up in person
“I spent my 45th nursing reunion at this lovely spot. It was the perfect location for our group of ladies and we are planning on spending the next one at the same place. Beautiful views, great food and accommodating staff- Debby C. - June 2017“